About the Company
Founded in Australia in 2017, Access Corporate Group (Access) is an innovative cross-border brand management group with offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland and Hangzhou, China and more than 1,000 employees globally. At present, Access manages more than 20 brands and is committed to building a bridge for direct communications between quality brands and consumers around the world. Access is devoted to bringing global leading brands in health, beauty, and lifestyle to consumers to live a better life every day.
As the business grows, we are in need of an experienced Tax Manager to take responsibility for overseeing and supporting tax compliance & reporting and providing tax advisory support to the business including aspects of direct, indirect taxes, transfer pricing, employment taxes. On offer is a progressive career path and a friendly, flexible and professional environment.
- Managing the preparation and review of direct and indirect tax compliance for group entities, including income tax returns, BAS, other tax calculations relevant to financial statements, and coordinating with external tax agent. The candidate should be hands on and have practical experience with tax compliance processes and software.
- Manage and prepare the Tax Effect Accounting requirements for reporting purposes, and working with the finance team to develop tax systems and processes.
- Review contracts for tax related matters, assess tax risk exposures and provide solutions, with commercial acumen, to mitigate domestic and international risks.
- Reviewing and engaging external tax advice and implementing recommendations and compliance processes, including managing budgets for external advisers.
- Liaising with finance and business functions, including offshore functions, and supporting the wider business and responding to tax enquiries relating to tax on a day to day basis, including consideration of the taxation implications of trading and investment flows with overseas countries and new market entry.
- Overseeing and managing tax compliance and advisory issues in New Zealand and other overseas locations as required.
- Develop, implement and maintain tax risk management and governance processes.
- Liaison with tax authorities as required.
- Keeping abreast of tax changes and monitoring impacts to business performance.
- Working as part of a broader tax team, including the Tax Manager / team in China, M&A and corporate structuring tax team, tax consultants and future tax team members.
Qualifications and Skills
- Has demonstrated and has detailed practical and technical knowledge of the Australian tax system, international tax issues and risks.
- Strong attention to detail, written and verbal communication skills, ability to build relationships with stakeholders.
- In total 5-8 years of experience, preferably with a mix of professional firm and in-house experience.
- Accounting, Commerce or Business Degree, with Tax Masters degree or similar technical study an advantage.
- Fully CA, CPA or CTA qualified.
- Strong advantage if able to speak and write in Chinese (Mandarin).
If this sounds like you, please click on Apply to submit your updated resume.