SRW (Science Research Wellness) is a nutraceutical brand launching in 2021. We make premium health supplements backed by science and research. It is a very busy time for the team, as we work through our list of pre-launch activities in the months leading to our launch campaign.
Reporting to the Global Marketing Manager, this is a unique opportunity to work in a in a start-up environment with corporate funding. The team is made up of experienced professionals who have spent time working in large global businesses and who are excited to SRW from the ground up. From day 1 your contributions will be shaping the business and making a difference to how the public see, perceive, and experience our brand. This will be a busy but rewarding role, with training and career progression opportunities for the right person.
About the position:
The Marketing and Communications Specialist is a key supporting role in the marketing team, responsible for being the voice of SRW across a variety of B2C and B2B communications including:
- Website and social
- Direct marketing
The aim of this role is to help us communicate information around our brand, products and offering in a way that consumers find engaging, that builds credibility, and remains in line with our brand guidelines/tone of voice.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the customer and building a community of advocates, who is a great relationship manager, and most importantly who has a way with words. Our Marketing and Communications Specialist must have an interest in nutraceuticals/biology/health and wellness.
Communication and Collateral
- Develop communications plan for SRW.
- Deliver B2B collateral such as partner support pack, sell-in pack/sales presentations, product training manual.
- Deliver B2C collateral such as ecommerce flyers/inserts, product brochure.
- Collate information from multiple sources and team members to generate copy for our website.
- Work with with our science partners, identify new candidates and gather the information needed for us to create their online profiles on our website.
- Work with our Research Scientist to create weekly blogs and share via social channels.
- Provide content requested by our NZ and US PR agencies.
- Crisis communication planning.
Social Media and Community Management
- Responsible for the day to day social media management and posting.
- Research and engage social media influencers for SRW sponsorship and sample distribution.
- Manage our website enquiries.
- Be the voice of SRW on social platforms, responding to comments and questions, engaging our community.
- Outreach to high value customers and evangelists for testimonials.
Work with the wider marketing team to execute the following:
- Develop event materials (brochures, flyers, banners).
- Activation events and tradeshows.
- Focus groups for NPD feedback.
Not required but highly regarded:
- HubSpot experience
- Shopify experience
- Facebook Ads Manager
- University degree / tertiary equivalent
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years in a Marketing/communications role
- Health/wellness/supplements industry experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent literacy ability and attention to detail
- Acts with integrity and is reliable and trustworthy
- Displays a positive and enthusiastic “can do” attitude and retains a positive demeanor even in face of difficulties
- Works as a team player and goes out of way to help